Expression of human CD25 (the alpha subunit of the IL-2 receptor complex) is dramatically upregulated on activated T cells, B cells, NK cells and macrophages (3). Antibodies to CD25 are being studied for potential use as an immunodirected therapy to selectively attack (kill) CD25 expressing cells (4).
Isotype: Murine IgG2a
Immunogen: Stimulated PBMC
Specificity: Antibody 7G7B6 recognizes epitope B of the IL-2 alpha receptor of about 55 kd (1,6).
Functional Application: Antibody 7G7B6 does not block IL-2 binding to its receptor (1).
1. L.A. Rubin, et al, (1985) Hybridoma 4:91-102.
3. T.A. Waldmann, et al, (1989) Annu Rev Biochem 58: 875-911.
4. T.A. Waldmann, et al, (1995) Blood 86: 4063-4075.
5. U.S. Patent No. 4,707,443.
6. Leukocyte Typing IV (W. Knapp, et al, eds.) Oxford University Press, Oxford, (1989) p. 403-406.