Glucocorticoid induced Tumor Necrosis Factor receptor family related gene (GITR, AITR) is a type 1 228 amino acid transmembrane protein that has been designated TNFRSF18. GITR is expressed mainly by CD4+ CD25+ T lymphocytes. Its engagement by antibodies or its ligand (GITRL) induces a costimulatory signal which can break T cell suppression (2). GITR has been implicated as a regulatory mechanism in anti-parasitic immune resposes (4), and is involved with Macrophages activation in atherosclerotic plaque formation (3).
Clone ANC7D6-1E7 binds to human GITR in EIA and on stimulated cell surface in FACS. Preincubation of the receptor with an excess of this mAb will block binding of recombinant GITR Ligand.
Isotype: Murine IgM kappa
Immunogen: Recombinant human GITR, PHA stimulated human PBL
Specificity: Antibody ANC7D6-1E7 binds to human GITR in EIA and on cell surface in FACS. Preincubation of the receptor with an excess of this mAb will block binding of recombinant GITR Ligand.
1) Gurney AL, et al. (1999) Curr Biol 9(4): 215-218.
2) Ji HB, et al. (2004 ) J Immunol 172(10): 5823-5827.
3) Kim WJ, WH Lee, et al. (2006) Immunology 119(3): 44-9.
4) Furze RC, Selkirk ME, et al. (2006) Microbes Infect 8 (12-13): 2803-10.
5) Kohm AP, SD Miller, et al. (2004) J Immunol 172: 4686-4690. .
6) McHugh, R.S. et al. (2002) Immunity 16:311.
7) Shin, H.H. et al. (2002) FEBS Lett. 514:275.
8). Shimizu, J. et al. (2002) Nature Immunol. 3:135.